Think of it as your computer’s yearly physical!
$99.00 SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Make sure all software is up to date
- Check for incompatible software
- Run Disk Utility to repair permissions and check disk integrity
- Check performance of CPU
- Check hard drive capacity
- RAM upgrades needed for software?
- Blow out dust accumulated in the case. Keeping the inside of your Mac clean is important! Dust blocks the ventilation of your Mac, which allows air to flow over the CPU, power supply and logic board, keeping them cool. When ventilation is blocked, these elements can overheat and malfunction or permanently fail.
- Clean the screen, keyboard and case to make it look like new
- Consider other options for performance improvement
Our Spring Cleaning service includes testing the functionality of key components of your Mac at the time of the cleaning. This service does not guarantee the future performance of your Mac.
Your Mac must be backed up before receiving a tune-up service. GeekHampton will not perform spring-cleaning on any Mac that has not been backed up. If you do not already have a back-up system in place, we will back up your computer for you for $25. Once spring-cleaning is completed on your computer, we will erase your back up from our drive. Alternatively, you may purchase a drive from us and we will set up the drive using Time Machine®, Apple’s built in backup software. You should always have a backup of your computer—it makes good GeekSense. Complimentary backup with purchase of hard drive.
DEEP CLEANING (Optional) A deep cleaning fee may be quoted to you if your Mac requires extensive disassembly for internal cleaning. For example Macs living in a second-hand smoke environment may require the glass to be removed to clean the inside of the computer.
The $99 fee includes one computer and does not include any peripheral devices or accessories. Price is for one full hour of service. Additional service time is $135.00 per hour, plus tax. Price is for service only; parts extra. Discounts for five or more computers are available, call for quote.
Get paid for your used iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC
GeekHampton’s aim is to stop your used computers and mobile devices from ending up in the landfill. Electronic products are made from valuable resources and highly engineered materials, including metals, plastics, and glass all of which require energy to mine and manufacture them. Reusing and recycling your computer conserves our natural resources and avoids air and water pollution, as well as greenhouse gas emissions that are caused by manufacturing virgin materials. (epa.gov)
First 2 min free then $25 per 15 min, 30 min max