GeekHampton’s classroom and teaching equipment are kept clean and in good repair. All employees are responsible for leaving the class clean, stocked with supplies and ready for use for the next class. GeekHampton employees follow these guidelines for use of the classroom and teaching equipment.
Classroom End of Day Care
- The classroom is kept in an orderly state throughout the day and cleaned/prepared for the next day at the end of the day.
- All employees using the classroom for breaks are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, being sure tables are left free of food, garbage, etc.
- Tables, chairs and lectern are wiped clean using a non-abrasive cleaner and soft cloth. Remove any garbage, boxes, supplies, especially after labeling newly arrived products.
- Pens, booklets, and other teaching items are replenished and then put away in designated locations (lectern or closet). Add these items to Wunderlist when they are running low (see Wunderlist P&P).
- Sweep floor and spot clean where necessary.
- Coil the TV cables and push them behind the TV.
- Turn off TV and lights.
- A large screen television is used to display iOS device and computer screens during instruction. The television is for teaching purposes only.
- TV is cleaned at least once a week with a soft cloth sprayed with KlearScreen. Do not spray KlearScreen directly on TV screen.
- Remotes and adapters are stored in the GeekBar box and inventory is taking daily by the Administrative Assistant. Currently the items available are: Display to HDMI and the Apple Remote.
- To use the TV with an iOS device or computer:
- Select the appropriate adapter and connect your device to the TV.
- Turn on the device.
- Push power button on Samsung remote and then select Source on the remote choosing either DVI or HDMI input (depending on cable you are using) to display content from computer. HDMI and DVI cables are the black cables plugged in to the right side of the TV.
- Replace batteries in the Samsung remote when needed so it is ready for the next class.