Any items (keyboards, mice, power cords, adapters) that are loaned to customers are tracked in LightSpeed
- Take the loaner items out of the loaner box located in the office.
- Create an SRO in Lightspeed.
- Put the item in the model field and the serial number in the serial number field. There will be a serial number barcode on all loaner items.
- Make a copy of the credit card and charge the customer the initial loaner fee of $10 for 3 days.
- Explain to the customer that the copy of the credit card will be shredded when the item is returned. If the item is not returned, they will be charged the cost of the item.
- Put a copy of the SRO and the credit card (stapled together) in the folder that is in the loaner box.
- When the loaner comes back take the SRO with credit card information out of the folder in the box and put it in the folder on Administrative Assistant's desk.
- She will invoice out the SRO and shred the credit card.