Converting an “Order” to an “Invoice” in LightSpeed (at the time of pickup by the customer).
- If a customer is in store after they have been called and notified their product or products have arrived, retrieve the product(s) from the office.
- Bring out the item(s) and log into LightSpeed from one of the point of sales (POS) iMacs at the front registers. Pull up the customer’s “Order.”
- Use this opportunity to go read, to the customer, the list of items they have ordered. IE: “You ordered an iPad 12.9 cellular 128gb in Space Gray, is that correct?” Double check both the “Order” and the item(s) present to verify what you have matches up with what is listed in the “Order."
- Click on “Invoice” button at the bottom of the “Order” window.
- LightSpeed will create a new “Invoice” and carry over the products that were included in the “Order." If the customer has decided to purchase additional items, be sure add these items to the invoice before taking payment.
- Apply any payments that the customer may have previously made to the order by going to the “Payments” tab/sub section in the “Invoice” window and click on the “Apply Credit” button. If credit is present, this button will typically be green, although there is a bug where the button will be green even if credit is not present.
- Select the credit to apply.
- With the credit now applied, ring the customer up for the remaining balance.