If a repair requires a part to be ordered from Apple, an Order and Purchase Order (PO) must be setup in LightSpeed using an Apple-specified part code.
Find the code for the needed part
- In LightSpeed, click on the unit’s “Serial Number” in the “SRO” window, and hit the “Return” key on your keyboard.
- The “GSX Warranty Lookup” window will appear. Click on the “Parts Lookup’” box, located in the bottom left corner of this window.
- LightSpeed will open a parts window specific to the machine being repaired.
- Search for the part by its description in the “Parts Lookup” search box located at the top of the window and once found, double click on the part to add it to the “Parts” tab/sub section of the “SRO” window. When you are finished looking for parts click on the “Done” button in the bottom right corner of the “Parts Lookup” window, then click on the “Save” button in the “GSX Warranty Lookup” window to close it.
- Switch over to the “Parts” tab/sub section of the “SRO” window and click on the part to highlight it and click on the “Save” button in the lower right hand corner of the “SRO” window.
Order the part
- Once the “SRO “has been saved, the “Order” button on the bottom of the SRO window will appear.
- With the part highlighted, click on the “Order” button, which will create an “Order” with the part added earlier. Double check that the price on the part has not changed since the Order was created. If it has, enter the correct price for the part.
- Save the “Order” and proceed by clicking on the “PO” button in the bottom of the “Order” window.
Create the PO
- A “PO” specific for the repair is created. Before saving the PO type “Apple Service” in the “Supplier” search field in the top of the PO window.
- Double click on “Apple Service” for it to enter the Supplier into the PO. This will often, but not always, enter the “Supplier code” for the part in the PO. If it does not, type in the same code as the “Product code” in the “Supplier code” field.
- The price for the part should be different in the “PO” than the price in the “Order”. Be sure to enter the price of the part as it is shown during the final page of setting up a repair in GSX. If GSX shows charges for shipping, add the “Shipping” product in the “Purchases” tab in the “PO” window. Double check to make sure the total price of the “PO” matches what you see in the final window in GSX before you save the repair.
- Double check that everything matches and then save the “PO”.
- Use the number of the “PO” in the “Purchase Order Number” field when asked during the initial setup of the repair in GSX.